ISSM and SMSNA support innovation and development of Sexual Medicine. During our joint Scientific Meeting this year, we will award the best papers to recognize and celebrate dedication to the field of Sexual Medicine.
The Meeting Prizes are initiatives of ISSM and SMSNA and will be awarded during the joint 23rd ISSM/SMSNA Scientific Meeting on Sexual Medicine in Miami, FL, USA which will take place from October 27 to 30, 2022.
It is no longer possible to submit your abstract for the Meeting Prizes. The deadline has passed on July 31, 2022.
Members who have submitted their papers are to be considered for winning one of the following prestigious Meeting Prizes:
- ISSM Zorgniotti-Newman Prize of USD 2,500
For the best paper (both basic and clinical research projects) on erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Herbert F Newman was one of the major scientific contributors in the field of the physiology of penile erection. Dr. Newman was awarded the first Jean-Francois Ginestie Prize at the 4th International Symposium for Corpus Cavernosum Revascularization in Paris in 1984. Physician and co-researcher Dr. Jane Northrup of New York, NY has donated a new prize to be given in her husband’s memory at this international symposium. The prize offered to encourage and promote research is being awarded to a participant at the congress who has submitted an outstanding original work on any clinical investigative project concerning erectile dysfunction.
- ISSM/SMSNA Diversity Equity and Inclusion Prize of USD 1,500
For the best paper (manuscript) that addresses sexual health disparities relating to the care of patients in LGTBQIA+*, BIPOC**, or another under-represented community.
*LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual)
**BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color).
- ISSM/SMSNA Female Sexual Dysfunction Prize of USD 1,500
For the best paper in Women’s Sexual Health.
- ISSM/SMSNA Mental Health Prize of USD 1,500
For the best paper focused on mental/psychology/behavioral health.
How to submit your paper?
- Upload your paper to JSM’s Submission System and select the category ‘ISSM/SMSNA Prize Papers.’
- Simultaneously with submitting your paper to JSM, you are required to send an email to
- Submit your paper before July 31, 2022. (The deadline to submit papers has passed).
Conditions for applications
- You will need to submit your paper through The Journal of Sexual Medicine’s (JSM’s) editorial submission system, ScholarOne. Please make sure to check off the box that you want your paper labeled as an ‘ISSM/SMSNA Prize Paper.’ This will make sure your paper is reviewed accordingly.
- Please note in order to have your paper reviewed by the Reviewing and Grants & Prizes Committee of the ISSM and SMSNA, papers need to have a decision of “Major Decision” or better. Papers rendered a decision of “Reject” will not be considered.
- Simultaneously, please send an e-mail to
- Your paper is only eligible for winning a Meeting Prize when accepted by JSM.
- Applicants must be ISSM and/or SMSNA full members in good standing. Not a member? Apply here!
- The submission deadline is July 31, 2022.
- Submissions to JSM will be reviewed by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editors, and qualified peer reviewers.
- Submissions that receive a decision of “Reject” will not be eligible for an ISSM/SMSNA Meeting Prize.
- Submissions receiving a decision of “major revision” or better will be reviewed by members of the ISSM Grants & Prizes Committee and the SMSNA Review Committee.
- The committee members will select awardees based on the results of their scoring on: Originality, Scientific Merit, Clinical Relevance, and Quality for Publication in JSM.
Awardees will be notified in the award sessions at the meeting in Miami.